Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome to My New Blog!

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my new blog~ "Get Excited About Cooking!" If you have ever been around me, you know that I like to tell people to "Get excited and smile!" I titled this appropriately according to my life motto and the many suggestions I received from good friends. A special thanks to my friend, Kris Melton, for being the first person to come up with this name for the blog.

I love to cook...maybe a little too much! This is why I thought it would be fun to start this blog. I am obsessed with the Food Network and follow the chefs on the channel daily. Please note that the majority of my cooking is done through modification or following of exact published recipes by big names like Bobby Flay, Rachael Ray, and Ina Garten, and I ALWAYS give credit where it is due. When reading my posts, you will never question where a recipe came from. I am just sharing the results that I have when I cook/make what the famous cooks do. And I will share photos as well...my husband is a photographer after all!

That brings me to share a little bit about myself with you before I begin: I am an almost 30, very happy Indian girl. I married the love of my life of now 10 years, Andrew Renner, in February of 2009. We live in Alpharetta, Georgia but are both coincidentally from Chicago, Illinois originally. I am a banker at RBC Bank in Alpharetta and absolutely love my job! My family means the WORLD to me- my parents, Aju and Renu Mirchandani, are amazing. I have my Mother to thank for my inspiration in cooking- no matter what I do, I can never be as great of a cook as she is, but I strive for it nonetheless. My passion and dedication to cooking definitely comes from her. And my brother and sister-in-law, Neil and Mariah Mirchandani. We all live within a 5 miles radius- like the show, "Everybody Loves Raymond!" We are very close. I also have a best friend who is like a sister to me- Sandy Reynolds. She is the such a sweetheart! I am very fortunate and thank my stars for all of the good people in my life.

I like to get Andy excited about the food we eat each night for dinner, so I post what we are going to be eating daily on a pink dry erase board. I update it each weekend, since I grocery shop once a week.




These are my recipes for the week of March 14th, 2010. Not only is this fun for me, it keeps me organized so I know what ingredients to shop for. Sandy got me the cute little pink pad on the left- I use it to brainstorm recipes as I surf the net or watch cooking shows.

I highly recommend trying out this method for your weekly meals. It really helps keep things organized, and it makes dinner interesting!

As I begin this blog, I want you all to know that I welcome any and all feedback, good or bad. Please feel free to share any ideas, thought or recipes. You will ALWAYS receive credit for your recipes on my blog, just as I do for the Food Network chefs.

Happy Cooking!


Photos provided by: RennerFoto.com

2 comments:

  1. Im curious as to where you got your pink dry erase board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I actually got it from Walmart. I am so sorry I am just now seeing this! Thank you for following :)

    ReplyDelete