Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Visit to "Tijuana Flats" in Naples, Florida

My husband and his family are from Naples, Florida. I visited for the first time years ago, and immediately knew my appetite would be fulfilled in this town. As Andy had always told me, the restaurants in Naples cater to the cravings of any and everyone. Though it is a big retirement city, people come from all over to experience the food and impeccable service there.

Andy and I visited his family a few weeks ago (March 24th-29th, 2010), and as I do every time I go, I asked my husband to take me to my FAVORITE place EVER~

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...DRUMROLL PLEASE.........




GET EXCITED! Tijuana Flats is PHENOMENAL. It's really, really, really good, fresh Mexican food. From tostadas to tacos, burritos to enchiladas, their ingredients are so perfectly ripe that it's way too difficult to decide what to have. It takes me a while to order.

Here is what the place looks like inside at the counter you order at...




Andy got one entree...






...but I had to have two!!! :)






I am IN LOVE with their tostadas (pictured above). These fried tortilla chips are topped with fresh chicken, steak or just beans (your choice), black olives, onions, the GREENEST jalapenos I have ever seen, tomatoes and some lettuce. Good GOD...it's like heaven.

The highlight of Tijuana Flats, for many, is the variety bar of hot/sweet sauces for customers.




I didn't get all of the names, but I got a photo of Andy getting his sauce on!



This place is not authentic by any means. As a matter of fact, the story I heard is that a bunch of college kids from the University of Florida started the place, and the restaurants spread in different parts of the state. If you ask me, there just aren't enough for my taste. Come to Georgia already!

This is my little (but much bigger) brother-in-law, Matt. He lives in Naples, and we are waiting for him to move up to Georgia.



Yes ladies, he is single...and a great catch!

Visit Tijuana Flats if you go to Florida. It is quite possibly my favorite Mexican place EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. casas adjudicadas Tijuana

    ReplyDelete